Virtio memory balloon driver

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Feb 4 12:00:59 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-03 23:57:28 +0000 (+0000), Albert Braden wrote:
> We are reserving 2 CPU and 16G RAM for the hypervisor. I haven't
> seen any OOM errors. Where should I look for those?
[...]

The `dmesg` utility on the hypervisor host should show you the
kernel's log ring buffer contents (the -T flag is useful to
translate its timestamps into something more readable than seconds
since boot too). If the ring buffer has overwritten the relevant
timeframe then look for signs of kernel OOM killer invocation in
your syslog or persistent journald storage.
--
Jeremy Stanley