something abount ironic-python-agent

Ankele zhang ankelezhang at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 01:22:37 UTC 2020

Hi ~
I have deployed OpenStack platform in  Rocky version and integreted
Ironic(Rocky) into it according to the official documents. I download the
coreOS vmlinuz and ramdisk images from
https://tarballs.opendev.org/openstack/ironic-python-agent/coreos/files/.
and if I don't clean my devices I can deploy baremetal node server
currently. When I cleaning my disk using "openstack baremetal node clean
--clean-steps '[{"interface": "deploy", "step": "erase_devices"}]' my_bm",
I got an error message "Clean step failed: Error performing clean_step
erase_devices: No HardwareManager found to handle method: Could not find
method: erase_block_device" from ironic-conductor.log and I got the same
error in coreOS by "sudo journalctl -u ironic-python-agent -f". I download
the Rocky ironic-python-agent source code from github and I search
'erase_block_devices' ,it returned from hardware.py +781. So, the first
problem , I don't know why I got this error message.
I downloaded the source code of the ironic-python-agent and tried to build
the coreOS image by 'Makefile', but I always got error as following, this
is my second problem.
[image: image.png]

Finally, I want to code my own 'custom HardwareManager' to support 'raid
config' for the ironic-python-agent, but I don't know how to get started.

Looking forward to your help. Thank you.

Ankele