[stable][grenade][qa][nova][swift] s-proxy unable to start due to missing runtime deps

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Tue Dec 22 17:06:02 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I wanted to raise awareness of the following issue and to seek some
feedback on my approach to workaround it:

ImportError: No module named keystonemiddleware.auth_token
https://bugs.launchpad.net/swift/+bug/1909018

This was introduced after I landed the following devstack backport
stopping projects from installing their test-requirements.txt deps:

Stop installing test-requirements with projects
https://review.opendev.org/q/I8f24b839bf42e2fb9803dc7df3a30ae20cf264eb

For the time being to workaround this in various other gates I've
suggested that we disable Swift in Grenade on stable/train:

zuul: Disable swift services until bug #1909018 is resolved
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/grenade/+/768224

This finally allowed openstack/nova to pass on stable/train with the
following changes to lower-constraints.txt and test-requirements.txt:

[stable-only] Cap bandit to 1.6.2 and raise hacking, flake8 and stestr
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/766171/

Are there any objections to disabling Swift in Grenade for the time
being on stable/train?

Would anyone have any objections to also disabling it on stable/stein
via devstack-gate?

Many thanks in advance,

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76