[all] Our next release name - OpenStack Xena!

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Dec 21 17:27:35 UTC 2020

Hello everyone!

The naming poll is done [0], the legal vetting is complete, and we now have our
X release name.

All hail OpenStack Xena!

Observant readers will note that Xena was not the 1st place name from the poll.
After review for legal and copyright concerns, it was determined there would be
conflicts with the top place Xanadu. Apologies to the Olivia Newton John fans
out there. Xena was determined to be safe for our use, and was a close second.

More details about the release naming process can be found on the governance
page [1]. Please consider getting involved for the Y release naming.

Thanks!
Sean

[0] https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_7e6e96070af39fe7
[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/release-naming.html