[tc][all] Encouraging projects to apply for tag 'assert:supports-api-interoperability'

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Dec 17 14:42:53 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

TC defined a tag for API interoperability (cover both stable and compatible APIs) called
'assert:supports-api-interoperability' which assert on API won’t break any users when they
upgrade a cloud or start using their code on a new OpenStack cloud.

Basically, Projects will not change (or remove) an API in a way that will break existing users
of an API. We have updated the tag documentation to clarify its definition and requirements.

If your projects follow the API interoperability guidelines[1] and some API versioning mechanism
that does not need to be microversion then you should start thinking to apply for this tag. The
complete requirement can be found here[2].

Currently, only nova has this tag but I am sure many projects are eligible for this, and TC encourage
them to apply for this.

[1]  https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/guidelines/api_interoperability.html
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/tags/assert_supports-api-interoperability.html

-gmann