[all] Dropping lower constraints testing (WAS: Re: [stable][requirements][neutron] Capping pip in stable branches or not)

Goutham Pacha Ravi gouthampravi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 21:06:31 UTC 2020

Hi,

I hope you won't mind me shifting this discussion to [all] - many projects
have had to make changes due to the dependency resolver catching some of
our uncaught lies.
In manila, i've pushed up three changes to fix the CI on the main,
stable/victoria and stable/ussuri [1] branches. I used fungi's method of
installing things and playing whack-a-mole [2] and Brain
Rosmaita's approach [3] of taking the opportunity to raise the minimum
required packages for Wallaby. However, this all seems kludgy maintenance -
and possibly no-one is benefitting from the effort we're putting into this
as called out.

Can more distributors and deployment tooling folks comment?

[1]
https://review.opendev.org/q/project:openstack/manila+topic:update-requirements

[2]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-December/019285.html