[EXTERNAL] Re: New Openstack Deployment questions

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at binero.com
Fri Dec 11 14:58:13 UTC 2020

Hello,

We are running solid on CentOS and will continue to do so.

But this just reaffirms my ideas that OpenStack should be packaged and distributed as an application by upstream

and not by downstream.

One of the best ideas so far is on Mohammed Naser's line, which is a shame that there isn't more colaboration on already, is ready-to-use container images for running OpenStack services which would make the layer beneath more "not important".

Seeing as a lot of projects already try to work on deploying OpenStack in containers but is working on their own fronts (except some Kolla <-> TripleO relationship, that I think is getting scaled down as well). StarlingX, TripleO, Kolla, OpenStack-Helm, all these container-related deployment tools but no common goal.

/end of random post, sorry.

Best regards

Tobias