[TC][all] X Release name polling

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 18:35:47 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-12-10 at 10:53 -0600, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> We recently collected naming suggestions for the X release name. A lot
> of great suggestions by the community! Much more than I had expected for
> this letter.
>
> As a reminder, starting with the W release we had changed the process
> for selecting the name [1]. We collected suggestions from the community,
> then the members of the TC voted in a poll [2] to select which name(s)
> out of the suggestions to go with.

wait i tough that we still had a comuntiy poll where every one could vote
on the name is that coming next? i was waitign for a vote link.

i was assumign i had missed it as i have and issue with not reciving vote
link in the past for tc votes or ptl elections

that is partly due to the fact that i dont think the curernt process looks at all
the emales on my account and since i submit code with a different email then the first
one listed it does not track that properly eventhough the one i use for code is in the alternative
emails.

in anycase i tought there was still a comuntiy poll  afgter the inital list is narrowed down.
delegatign this to the TC feels like a regression from what we previously did.