[all][qa][kolla][ops][tc] CentOS Project shifts focus to CentOS Stream

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 14:35:44 UTC 2020

TL;DR

After 2021 there will be no CentOS 8 point releases.
The focus is on CentOS 8 Stream.

For more information, please read [1].

As the QA team, we have Stream testing proposed already [2].
We actually had Victoria from Manila ask us about it quite a while ago.

Ghanshyam promised to coordinate this topic with the TC.

As the Kolla team, we made switch to CentOS 8 Stream a priority of
Wallaby and we will likely discuss this option for stable branches
which will outlive the 2021 deadline.

PS: Don't kill me. I'm just passing the information on. :-)

[1] https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2020-December/075451.html
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/devstack/+/759122

Kind regards,
-yoctozepto