[rdo][centos8][repos] CentOS8 RDO-USSURI repo missing openvswitch2.13

Yatin Karel ykarel at redhat.com
Thu Dec 3 05:13:06 UTC 2020

Hi Ruslanas,

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 1:20 AM Ruslanas Gžibovskis <ruslanas at lpic.lt> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have an issue, in CentOS8 repos for RDO. It is refering to openvswitch2.13 name, but in the repos I can see openvswitch packages with version in version field, looks like in dependency field it is missing dash (-) or smth... here is a paste of repos and error message [0]. Or any other way how this could be fixed? thanks.
>
> and packages I can see [1] here.

With Ussuri, RDO has switched to utilize openvswitch2.13 builds from
NFV SIG[1], You likely have older centos-release-openstack-ussuri
installed, can confirm with rpm -q
centos-release-openstack-ussuri(centos-release-openstack-ussuri-1-4.el8.noarch
is needed to utilize openvswitch2.13 from NFV builds),

So what you need to do is to run "sudo dnf update
centos-release-openstack-ussuri -y" before triggering sudo dnf update,
which will pull centos-release-nfv-openvswitch which provides
openswitch2.13.

Also with sudo dnf update, openvswitch-2.12 will be upgraded to
openvswitch2.13 and will result in openvswitch service to be stopped,
so additional steps to restart of openvswitch would be needed.
Special Treatment for OpenvSwitch as part of TripleO update is being
taken care with [2], so you need to ensure if [2] is available in your
environment before running TripleO update or upgrade. The latest
tagged release of tripleo-ansible for ussuri is missing the needed
patch [2], so you can patch that manually or request new releases like
[3].

If any other tool apart from TripleO is used then you can use manual
update/restart of openvswitch or adjust the tool to handle that.

[1] https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/30774/
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/tripleo-ansible/+/761856
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/755718/

> [0] http://paste.openstack.org/show/xEalilL1rRJSDTzNCGt1/