[Kolla Ansible] host maintenance

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Mon Aug 24 18:20:46 UTC 2020

On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 at 17:53, Tony Liu <tonyliu0592 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

While this may work at the moment, we have just merged a change that
prevents this. For keystone, we need access to all controllers, to
determine whether it is a new cluster or a new node in an existing
cluster.

> What's "serial mode"?

Ansible has a feature to run plays in batches of some % of the hosts.
In Kolla Ansible you can e.g. export ANSIBLE_SERIAL=0.1. It's an
advanced use case and needs some care.