[all] READMEs of zuul roles not rendered properly - missing content

Martin Kopec mkopec at redhat.com
Mon Aug 24 14:12:17 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

I've noticed that READMEs of zuul roles within openstack projects are not
rendered properly on opendev.org - ".. zuul:rolevar::" syntax seems to be
the problem. Although it's rendered well on github.com, see f.e. [1] [2].

I wonder if there were some changes in the supported README syntax. Also
the ".. zuul:rolevar::" syntax throws errors on online rst formatters I was
testing on, however, it's rendered fine by md online formatters - maybe
opendev.org is more rst strict in case of .rst files than github?

Any ideas?

[1]
https://opendev.org/openstack/tempest/src/branch/master/roles/run-tempest
[2] https://github.com/openstack/tempest/tree/master/roles/run-tempest