Can't fetch from opendev.

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Aug 21 13:45:54 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-21 11:58:09 +0200 (+0200), Daniel Bengtsson wrote:
> On 8/18/20 5:24 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> > and it just hangs indefinitely and never returns an error?
>
> Yes.
>
> > One reason I suspect this might be the problem is that GitHub is
> > IPv4-only, so if you have something black-holing or blocking traffic
> > for global IPv6 routes, then that could cause the behavior you're
> > observing.
>
> I have the same problem with the -4 option.

You mentioned earlier that you and your colleague are both using a
work VPN. If this is a full-tunnel VPN, or a split-tunnel providing
conflicting routes, it's possible something within the work network
is eating or not properly rerouting your packets or the return
turned off? Are you able to browse https://opendev.org/ from the
same system? Are you running git from directly within your system,
or are you running it inside a virtual machine/container on your
system?
--
Jeremy Stanley