Cliff auto completion not working inside interactive mode

sandeep sandeep.ee.nagendra at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 16:32:01 UTC 2020

Hi Team,

In my system, I am trying auto completion for my CLI application.

*CLIFF version - cliff==3.4.0*
Auto complete works fine on bash prompt.

But inside the interactive shell, auto complete does not work.

Below is the screenshot for the help command inside the interactive shell.

[image: image.png]

Now, if I type swm and press tab, it lists all the sub commands under it.

But, swm s<tab> gives
swm "s

and further command auto completion does not work.
[image: image.png]

Could you please let me know what could be the problem?

Is this a known issue? or Am i missing something?

Thanks,
Sandeep