[tripleo] Moving tripleo-ansible-inventory script to tripleo-common?

Cédric Jeanneret cjeanner at redhat.com
Thu Aug 20 12:22:59 UTC 2020

On 8/18/20 10:03 AM, Cédric Jeanneret wrote:

> On 8/18/20 9:53 AM, Rabi Mishra wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 1:07 PM Cédric Jeanneret <cjeanner at redhat.com
>> <mailto:cjeanner at redhat.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hello there!
>>
>>     I'm wondering if we could move the "tripleo-ansible-inventory" script
>>     from the tripleo-validations repo to tripleo-common.
>>

>> TBH, I don't know the history, but it would be better if we remove all
>> scripts from tripleo-common and use it just as a utility library (now
>> that Mistral is gone). Most of the existing scripts probably have an
>> existing command in tripleoclient. We can implement  missing ones
>> including "tripleo-ansible-inventory" in python-tripleoclient.

hm, we can't really replace it imho, since it's used as a "dynamic
inventory" for ansible directly.
The best thing we can probably do is:
- add "--os-cloud" option support[1]
- move this script to tripleoclient (I agree with you regarding
tripleo-common)

Once this is done, *maybe* we can move things to tripleoclient itself,
but we'll need to do something in order to keep that script in place
anyway...

[1] Thanks Mathieu :) https://review.opendev.org/747140