[nova][ops] Live migration and CPU features

Fabian Zimmermann dev.faz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 15:06:47 UTC 2020

Hi,

We are using the "custom"-way. But this does not protect you from all issues.

We had problems with a new cpu-generation not (jet) detected correctly
in an libvirt-version. So libvirt failed back to the "desktop"-cpu of
this newer generation, but didnt support/detect some features =>
blocked live-migration.

 Fabian