[Interop-WG] Inviting cross-projects discussions for new re-branding efforts (Oct 26)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Aug 15 20:22:42 UTC 2020

On 8/15/20 4:04 AM, prakash RAMCHANDRAN wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have booked for two hours slot to enable re-branding efforts we are
> looking to unleash in early 2021.
> As part of "Open Infrastructure Summit" we kick-start with Inter-op for
> next decade.
>
> Monday October 2613UTC - 15UTCInteropWG
>
> We would like to encourage Open Infrastructure Projects to enlighten the
> stage with Out-of-Box  thinking & requests for Interop in Marketplace in
> OSF.
>
> - Integrated Projects in OpenStack have well served thru last decades
> dream team,  that has stood the Tempest tests for RefStackV1 being base
> for OPNFV-CNTT / ONAP/ and CVP/OVP1 of LFN
>
> - Its the turn to the Open Infra Projects like Kata, Airship, Zuul,
> StarlingX and potential https://openinfralabs.org/ to innovate and
> suggest the world
>     How OSF can leverage next-gen  Infra with k8s cluster as baseline
> for Milt-cluster , Hybrid Cloud, Muti-cloud RefStackV2 for upstream
> usage for Telco and Edge Clouds
>
> We need all Graduated and Incumbent Projects to propose how we can
> Re-Brand them for Open Infra Containerized workloads.
>
> Do you want to use Magnum, Zun, Kolla & Kuryer -
> refer https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/interop
>
> Should we collaborate with LFN re-imagining efforts via our RefStack2
> plans as base for Open Infra Summit efforts to give Industry a wake up
> call to collaborate?
>
> Please reply with comments below, where are the global innovators hiding
> behind Alps &  Himalaya, come and swing your ping pongs balls or Cricket
> Bats. The Rocky mountains curve balls will always haunt you if you don't
> speak-up.

I'm sorry if this is an abrupt response to your enthusiastic email, but
I'd very much prefer if we made efforts to fill the gap with missing
features, and getting understaffed projects on good rails, rather than
pushing for more buzz words.

I have in mind:

- a networking stack that really scales, with IPv6 not as second citizen
(ie: that must use centralized network nodes)
- stuff like server recue working fully, even with boot from volume
- finish the encrypted volume thingy (it's a joke: live-migration with
them don't work because of rights issues on Barbican...)
- finish the project specific client to openstack client migration (it's
taking years....)

Also, re-staffing projects like horizon, cloudkitty, telemetry,
you-name-it... seems like another challenge of the next decade.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)