[release] Release countdown for week R-8 Aug 17 - 21

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri Aug 14 15:42:03 UTC 2020

General Information
-------------------

We are getting close to some of the end of cycle deadlines. Please be aware of
the upcoming non-client library freeze on September 3.

The following cycle-with-intermediary deliverables only did one release during
the ussuri cycle, and have not done any intermediary release yet during this
cycle. The cycle-with-rc release model is more suited for deliverables that
plan to be released only once per cycle. As a result, we have suggested [1] as
a potential release model change for the following deliverables:

adjutant-ui
adjutant
cloudkitty
heat-agents
magnum-ui
monasca-thresh
monasca-ui

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:victoria-cwi

PTLs and release liaisons for each of those deliverables can either +1
the release model change, or propose an intermediary release for that
deliverable. In absence of answer by the end of R-8 week we'll abandon the
patch.

We also published a couple of options for a proposed release schedule
for the upcoming Wallaby cycle. Please check out the separate thread:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-August/016391.html

26 week schedule: https://review.opendev.org/745911/
29 week schedule: https://review.opendev.org/744729/

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Non-client library freeze: September 3 (R-6 week)
Client library freeze: September 10 (R-5 week)
Victoria-3 milestone: September 10 (R-5 week)
Victoria release: October 14