[nova][neutron][oslo][ops][kolla] rabbit bindings issue

Fabian Zimmermann dev.faz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 11:21:04 UTC 2020

Hello again,

just a short update about the results of my tests.

I currently see 2 ways of running openstack+rabbitmq

1. without durable-queues and without replication - just one
rabbitmq-process which gets (somehow) restarted if it fails.
2. durable-queues and replication

Any other combination of these settings leads to more or less issues with

* broken / non working bindings
* broken queues

I think vexxhost is running (1) with their openstack-operator - for reasons.

I added [kolla], because kolla-ansible is installing rabbitmq with
replication but without durable-queues.

May someone point me to the best way to document these findings to some
official doc?
I think a lot of installations out there will run into issues if - under
load - a node fails.

 Fabian