[all][TC] OpenStack Client (OSC) vs python-*clients

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 13 17:20:19 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-13 13:03:05 -0400 (-0400), Artom Lifshitz wrote:
[...]
> This is a bit of a chicken and egg problem, because any gaps in
> sdk mean you can't convert osc to use those missing bits, but
> ideally any patches to osc that aren't sdk conversions would get
> blocked (though I have obviously absolutely no say in the matter,
> this is just wishful thinking).
[...]

I think you do have a say. At the very least, this is why it's being
discussed on the mailing list, but also as a contributor you get to
vote on TC members to represent your interests in these sorts of
decisions, and for that matter the team's leadership has been very
willing to give interested folks more direct decision making ability
as evidenced by the large core review group for the SDK repo.
--
Jeremy Stanley