[tc][oslo] Move etcd3gw to OpenStack?

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 11:45:06 UTC 2020

Hey, Folks!

I see it has been kinda proposed already [1] so that's mostly why I am
asking about that now.

>From what I understand, etcd3gw is our best bet when trying to get
coordination with etcd3.
However, it has recently released a broken release [2] due to no testing
(not to mention gating with tooz).
I think it could benefit from OpenDev's existing tooling.
And since OpenStack is an important client of it and OpenStack preferring
this client, it might be wise to put it in that namespace already.

I guess the details would have to be discussed with dims (current owner)
himself but he seemed happy about it in [1].

I'm notifying oslo as well as this would probably live best finally under
oslo governance.

Please let me know if any of the above is not true, so that I can amend my
knowledge. :-)

[1] https://github.com/dims/etcd3-gateway/issues/29
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/kolla-ansible/+bug/1891314

-yoctozepto