[largescale-sig] RPC ping

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Tue Aug 11 20:28:05 UTC 2020

On 8/3/20 9:21 AM, Mohammed Naser wrote:
> 3. You mentioned you're moving towards Kubernetes, we're doing the
> same and building an operator:
> https://opendev.org/vexxhost/openstack-operator  -- Because the
> operator manages the whole thing and Kubernetes does it's thing too,
> we started moving towards 1 (single) rabbitmq per service, which
> reaaaaaaally helped a lot in stabilizing things.  Oslo messaging is a
> lot better at recovering when a single service IP is pointing towards
> it because it doesn't do weird things like have threads trying to
> connect to other Rabbit ports.  Just a thought.

On a related note, LINE actually broke it down even further than that.
There are details of their design in [0], but essentially they have
downstream changes where they can specify a transport per notification
topic to further separate out rabbit traffic.

The spec hasn't been implemented yet upstream, but I thought I'd mention
it since it seems relevant to this discussion.

0:
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/oslo-specs/specs/victoria/support-transports-per-oslo-notifications.html