[ironic] [infra] bifrost-integration-tinyipa-opensuse-15 broken

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Aug 6 21:44:54 UTC 2020

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020, at 10:08 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2020-08-06 12:13:36 +0200 (+0200), Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
> > Our openSUSE CI job has been broken for a few days [1]. It fails on the
> > early bindep stage with [2]
> >
> > <download url="
> > https://mirror.mtl01.inap.opendev.org/opensuse/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/libJudy1-1.0.5-lp151.2.2.x86_64.rpm"
> > percent="-1" rate="-1"/>
> > <download url="
> > https://mirror.mtl01.inap.opendev.org/opensuse/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/libJudy1-1.0.5-lp151.2.2.x86_64.rpm"
> > rate="-1" done="0"/>
> > <message type="error">File
> > './suse/x86_64/libJudy1-1.0.5-lp151.2.2.x86_64.rpm' not found on
> > medium '
> > https://mirror.mtl01.inap.opendev.org/opensuse/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/oss/&apos
> > ;</message>
> >
> > I've raised it on #openstack-infra, but I'm not sure if there has been any
> > follow up.
> [...]
>
> Yes, we discussed it at some length immediately after you mentioned
> it:
>
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2020-08-05.log.html#t2020-08-05T15:43:03
>
> In short, the packages are in
> /opensuse/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/oss/x86_64/ not
> /opensuse/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/ and the
> INDEX.gz files seem to point to the correct location for them. It's
> not clear to us why zypper is looking in the latter path; help from
> someone with more familiarity with openSUSE and zypper would be much
> appreciated. Our mirrors match the official mirrors in this regard,
> and our base jobs configure only the first part of the repository
> path:

> It's not clear to any of us what's adding the "/suse" to the URLs
> zypper is requesting.

https://review.opendev.org/745225 has landed and seems to fix this issue. Our hunch is that the type of the repo changed upstream of us which we then mirrored. Once this happened our repo configs were no longer correct. Zypper man pages and docs say repos should have their type auto-detected anyway so we've dropped the type specification entirely. This fixed things in testing.

If anyone understands this better that info would be appreciated, but I expect the ironic jobs to be happier now too.

Clark