[ops] [keystone] "Roles are not immutable"

Massimo Sgaravatto massimo.sgaravatto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 10:02:26 UTC 2020

After updating to Train from rocky (on stein we just performed the
db-sync), we tried the new "keystone-status update check" command which
says that the admin role is not immutable [*].

As far as I understand this is something that was done to prevent
deleting/modifying the default roles (that could cause major problems).

But how am I supposed to fix this?
The "--immutable" option for the "openstack role set" command, documented
at:

https://docs.openstack.org/python-openstackclient/latest/cli/command-objects/role-v3.html

is not available in Train.

Thanks, Massimo

[*]
| Check: Check default roles are immutable  |
| Result: Failure                           |
| Details: Roles are not immutable: admin   |