[openstack][tempest] Deprecation of scenario.img_dir option

Martin Kopec mkopec at redhat.com
Tue Aug 4 15:10:35 UTC 2020

Hello all,

we deprecated *scenario.img_dir* option in Tempest by this patch [1].
*scenario.img_file* should contain the full path of an image from now on.

However, to make the transition easier for all the Tempest dependent
projects, Tempest currently accepts both behaviors - the old where the path
to an image consisted of *scenario.img_dir* + *scenario.img_file* and the
new one where *scenario.img_file* contains the full path to an image. It
will be accepting both ways for one whole release - 25.

I proposed patches to projects I found they use scenario.img_dir option,
see this link [2]. If you maintain a project from the list [2], please
review. If your project somehow uses scenario.img_dir or img_file option
and is not in the list [2], please make appropriate changes.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/710996
[2]
https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:remove_img_dir+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

Regards,