[nova] openstack-tox-lower-constraints broken

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Aug 3 14:00:52 UTC 2020

On 8/3/20 7:55 AM, Lee Yarwood wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> $subject, I've raised the following bug:
>
> openstack-tox-lower-constraints failing due to unmet dependency on decorator==4.0.0
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1890123
>
> I'm trying to resolve this below but I honestly feel like I'm going
> around in circles:
>
> https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bug/1890123
>
> If anyone has any tooling and/or recommendations for resolving issues
> like this I'd appreciate it!
>
> Cheers,

This appears to be broken for everyone. I initially saw the decorator
thing with Cinder, but after looking closer realized it's not that package.

The root issue (or at least one level closer to the root issue, that
seems to be causing the decorator failure) is that the lower-constraints
are not actually being enforced. Even though the logs should it is
passing "-c [path to lower-constraints.txt]". So even though things
should be constrained to a lower version, presumably a version that
works with a different version of decorator, pip is still installing a
newer package than what the constraints should allow.

There was a pip release on the 28th. Things don't look like they started
failing until the 31st for us though, so either that is not it, or there
was just a delay before our nodes started picking up the newer version.

I tested locally, and at least with version 19.3.1, I am getting the
correctly constrained packages installed.

Still looking, but thought I would share in case that info triggers any
ideas for anyone else.

Sean