Two subnets under same network context.

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Sun Aug 2 11:27:58 UTC 2020

Hi,

This is "normal". You can have many subnets (both IPv4 and IPv6 in the
one network). By default Neutron will associate to the port IP address
only from one subnet of one type (IPv4/IPv6) but You can change it and
tell Neutron to allocate for the port IP adresses from more than one subnet.
If You have both IPv4 and IPv6 subnets in the network, Neutron will by
default allocate one IPv4 and one IPv6 to each port. But again, You can
manually tell Neutron to use e.g. only IPv6 address for specific port.

Please check [1] and [2] for more details.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/admin/intro-os-networking.html
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/api-ref/network/v2/

--
Slawek Kaplonski