[stein][neutron] gratuitous arp

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 08:39:15 UTC 2020

Hello, some updated about this issue.
I read someone has got same issue as reported here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1866139

If you read the discussion, someone tells that the garp must be sent by
qemu during live miration.
If this is true, this means on rocky/stein the qemu/libvirt are bugged.
So I tried to use stein and rocky with the same version of libvirt/qemu
packages I installed on queens (I updated compute and controllers node on
queens for obtaining same libvirt/qemu version deployed on rocky and stein).

On queens live migration on provider network continues to work fine.
On rocky and stein not, so I think the issue is related to openstack
components .

Best Regards
Ignazio Cassano