[release-announce] telemetry_tempest_plugin 1.0.0 (ussuri)

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Apr 24 10:41:26 UTC 2020

Sean McGinnis wrote:

>>> The source is available from:
>>>
>>>      https://opendev.org/openstack/telemetry_tempest_plugin
>> Wrong link, it's with dashes, not underscores.
>>
>> I'm not sure where this gets fixed...
>>
>> Thomas Goirand (zigo)
>>
> Thanks for pointing this out. I think this has been fixed multiple
> times, but appears to be a fragile part with figuring out package name
> versus tarball name correctly. We will have to look into it (again).

Quick analysis:

tools/announce.sh computes a "library name" using python setup.py
--name, which returns telemetry_tempest_plugin.

That library name is passed to openstack_releases/cmds/release_notes.py
as "repo_name", which passes it to the generate_release_notes function
in openstack_releases/release_notes.py as "repo".

At that point it's used in a number of places:
- email subject
- project name in the email body
- pypi_url (if include_pypi_link is set)
- "source available from" url
- Changes in...

It's also used to load the deliverable file, and extract the bugtracker
URL from there.

In all those places, using the project name makes more sense. So rather
than prioritizing using 'python setup.py --name' as the project name to
be used in release announcements, we should just use the repository name
as provided by Zuul (if we run under Zuul, which is now 99.9% of cases).

https://review.opendev.org/722658

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)