[release] Release countdown for week R-3, April 20 - 24

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed Apr 22 20:58:21 UTC 2020

> Early in the week, the release team will be proposing RC1 patches for all
> cycle-with-rc projects, using the latest commit from master. If your team
> is ready to go for cutting RC1, please let us know by leaving a +1 on these
> patches.
>
> If there are still a few more patches needed before RC1, you can -1 the
> patch and update it later in the week with the new commit hash you would
> like to use. Remember, stable/ussuri branches will be created with this,
> so you will want to make sure you have what you need included to avoid
> needing to backport changes from master (which will technically then be
> victoria) to this stable branch for any additional RCs before the final
> release.
>
> The release team will also be proposing releases for any deliverable
> following a cycle-with-intermediary model that has not produced any ussuri
> release so far.

Hey everyone,

Quick reminder about tomorrow's deadline. Patches should be up for all
deliverables that looked like they needed it.

PTL's and/or release liaison's, if you have not already please respond
with a +1 on your patches to let us know if we can proceed with the
release, or -1 if you are getting some final changes in before cutting
the stable/ussuri branch.

Any comments on expected time to being ready is appreciated too so we
know what to expect. Keep in mind that there is still time to get
bugfixes merged and another RC cut if needed. That will require
backporting from master to stable/ussuri after RC1 though.

Keep in mind that all work should now be transitioning to stabilization
and getting things ready for the final RC deadline on May 7.

Thanks!

Sean