[tc][tricircle] Retiring the Tricircle project

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Apr 21 22:34:18 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

As you know, Tricirlce is a leaderless project for the Victoria cycle means there is no PTL
candidate for Victoria cycle. 'No PTL' is one of the criteria which triggers TC to start checking the
health, maintainers of the project for dropping project from OpenStack Governance[1].

TC discussed the Tricircle project in today's meeting[2] and checked if the project has
maintainers but no PTL or it is missing the maintainer completely.   By looking at the
Ussuri cycle development work, it seems no activity related to Tricircle except few
gate fixes or community goal commits[2].

Based on all these checks, we are going to start the process of removing Tricircle from governance in the Victoria
cycle as specified in the Mandatory Repository Retirement resolution [4] and detailed in the infra manual [5].

NOTE: release team is trying to do Ussuri release for Tricircle's deliverables if we can get this reno fix merge
- https://review.opendev.org/#/c/721697/

>From the Victoria cycle, Tricircle will move out of OpenStack governance by keeping their
repo under OpenStack namespace with an empty master branch with 'Not Maintained' message in README.
If someone from old or new maintainers shows interest to continue its development then it can be re-added
to OpenStack governance.

With that thanks to all Tricircle contributors and PTLs for maintaining this project.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/dropping-projects.html
[2] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2020/tc.2020-04-21-15.01.log.html
[3] https://www.stackalytics.com/?metric=commits&release=ussuri&module=tricircle-group
[4] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20190711-mandatory-repository-retirement.html