[infra][qa][sigs][tc] Forming a Testing and Collaboration Tools (TaCT) SIG

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Apr 21 20:08:14 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-20 20:58:54 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> I propose the creation of a new Testing and Collaboration Tools
> (TaCT) SIG which would serve the role currently occupied by the
> OpenStack Infrastructure team.
[...]
> The TaCT SIG would consist of the usual suspects: people who review
> OpenStack job configuration changes, people who dig into problems
> with test frameworks to unblock the integrated gate queue, people
> who figure out strange Python packaging related issues, people who
> help work out lapsed control of Launchpad admin groups... also,
> ideally, the person selected by the TC to serve as OpenStack's
> representative on the OpenDev Advisory Council would be heavily
> involved. Many of these activities are closely related to work the
> Quality Assurance team is doing, so hopefully folks who are active
> in QA will also participate in this SIG.
[...]

Also, if this sounds like a reasonable solution, we'll need some
volunteers to serve as SIG chairs. The responsibilities are light
and the workload should be shared among multiple chairs, or can be
delegated to other members of the SIG if desired:

https://governance.openstack.org/sigs/reference/sig-guideline.html#select-sig-chairs

--
Jeremy Stanley