[ops] [nova] Default nova quota for project user

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:23:09 UTC 2020

On 4/17/20 07:01, Massimo Sgaravatto wrote:
> Hello
>
> As far as I understand by default each project user is given the quota
> of the whole project.
> Is it possible to set a different default quota for users of a certain
> project  ?
> And in general I'd like to be able to define different default values
> for different projects
>
> In:
>
> https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/admin/quotas.html
>
> it is explained how to update the quota for a specific project user, but
> I can't find how to set the default user quota for a given project

Hi, the steps for updating quota for a specific project are on the doc
you linked here:

https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/admin/quotas.html#view-and-update-quota-values-for-a-project-or-class

$ openstack quota set --QUOTA QUOTA_VALUE PROJECT

This will change the default quota for that project, so all existing
users in the project will get that quota and all future users in the
project will get that quota.

Note that the ability to set specific user quota [1] is planned to be
removed in a future release:

"User-specific quotas are legacy and will be removed when migration to
unified limits is complete. User-specific quotas were added as a way to
provide two-level hierarchical quotas and this feature is already being
offered in unified limits. For this reason, the below commands have not
and will not be ported to openstackclient."

Hope that helps.

-melanie

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/admin/quotas.html#view-and-update-quota-values-for-a-project-user