[goals][Drop Python 2.7 Support][storlets] Request to hold on dropping python2.7 support in Storlets

Takashi Kajinami tkajinam at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 07:49:54 UTC 2020

Hi Ghanshyam,

Thanks for your suggestion, and sorry for keeping you waiting.

Reversions to enable py2 tests are mostly done[1], but currently we are
hitting a connection leak issues
with swiftclient 3.9.0 on Python2.7 (I'll file a bug later).
Because usage swiftclient 3.9.0 is forced by upper-constrants.txt, now I'm
trying to implement
some workaround to make sure we install 3.8.1 in func tests tox environment.
 [1]
https://review.opendev.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/storlets+branch:master+topic:py27

I'll let you know once I complete this work, but please allow us to take
some time
to find possible solutions so far.

Thank you,
Takashi