[PTL][SIG] Virtual PTG Layout & Signup

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 20:04:46 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-04-16 at 19:35 +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2020-04-16 20:31:31 +0100 (+0100), Sean Mooney wrote:
> [...]
> > by the way will these meeting slot get sent out as icals  files
> > that we can import like the openstack meetings page? i dont really
> > mind creating them my self im just wondering if there is a plan to
> > publish them automatically
>
> [...]
>
> That might be trivial to add to https://opendev.org/openstack/ptgbot
> if someone feels like taking on a small hacking project.

ya so it looks like we can export the data in csv fromat
via https://ethercalc.openstack.org/126u8ek25noy.csv

and https://pypi.org/project/ics/ is a thing so i might try hacking something together
to do it. and assumign i can get that wroking then i can look a the ptg bot code later.

if people added items to the sheet as "<project>: <topic>" e.g. "nova: retro" i could use that to group
the generated icals into folder by project.

similarly for sigs if you add "<group > SIG"  i could match on that and put the seperatly.
or cross-project: <project name> <project name> i could add it to both projects folders

if the data is just free form and does not match the above huristic i could proably put it in an other folder.
on the one hand i dont really want to impose any requiremnt on people but with a few simple conventions
it would make automating this relitivly simple.
i might play around with this and ill let people know if i get anything working.

the other approch woudl be to convert each of the meeting slots to yaml files  and use yaml2ical like
the irc-meeting repo does https://opendev.org/opendev/irc-meetings/src/branch/master/tox.ini#L14-L23