[kolla][ptg] virtual PTG

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Thu Apr 16 18:28:50 UTC 2020

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 16:25, Mark Goddard <mark at stackhpc.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 09:58, Mark Goddard <mark at stackhpc.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > For Victoria we will again be having a virtual PTG, however this time
> > due to "you know what" we will be holding it at the same time as the
> > other teams.
> >
> > The PTG will take place from 1st - 5th June, with various slots [1]
> > available throughout the day from which we can select. Looking at
> > previous events [2][3], we had two four hour slots. For Train this was
> > 12:00 - 16:00 UTC, and for Ussuri 14:00 - 18:00 UTC. Note that Train
> > was during daylight savings, Ussuri was not. We also held a mid-Train
> > planning session for Kayobe [4], which took two hours.
> >
> > Based on the above, I suggest we go with the same as Ussuri:
> >
> > Monday 1st: 14:00 - 18:00 UTC (kolla)
> > Tuesday 2nd: 14:00 - 18:00 UTC (kolla)
> > Wednesday 3rd: 14:00 - 16:00 UTC (kayobe)
>
> Pierre has pointed out that the sessions available in [1] end at 17:00
> UTC. I'll raise it with Kendall.

The fixed slots are for good reason, so I'll update the proposed
sessions based on the Europe/US window.

Monday 1st: 13:00 - 17:00 UTC (kolla)
Tuesday 2nd: 13:00 - 17:00 UTC (kolla)
Wednesday 3rd: 13:00 - 15:00 UTC (kayobe)

I'll repeat the disclaimer: This is just a proposal - if you would
like to attend these sessions and the above time slots do not work for
you, please get in touch. In particular, please speak up if these
slots are significantly out of your working day - with sufficient
interest we could split sessions across timezones.