[tc] [ironic] Promoting ironic to a top-level opendev project?

Arne Wiebalck arne.wiebalck at cern.ch
Thu Apr 16 09:02:34 UTC 2020

On 16.04.20 10:30, Mark Goddard wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 16:39, Donny Davis <donny at fortnebula.com> wrote:

>>> This actually isn't devstack the development tool, it is a company named
>>> Devstack that is an OpenStack vendor (not confusing at all :p). Their website is:
>>>
>>> http://www.devstack.co.kr
>>>
>>> I hope they're not basing their offerings on devstack the tool, but I have no
>>> idea.
>>>
>>> -Matt Treinish

There is probably very little we can do about the ones who have made up
their minds already or the ones who make up their minds because of
the governing foundation (in practice, I'd think/hope very few do).

I think the proposal is more to do something about the ones who are
looking for a bare metal management/provisioning/lifecycle solution now,
but move on to other places as it is not immediately obvious to them
that Ironic does not necessarily need the additional complexity of a
full OpenStack deployment.