[manila] Driver interface changes

Carlos Silva ces.eduardo98 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 20:12:56 UTC 2020

Greetings, zorillas!

During the previous week we have merged a change in manila which improves
the create share from snapshot functionality [1] to allow a multi-stage
share creation. This means that a share creation request at the share
manager can be acknowledged by the share driver to be pending; and the
share manager will call a different driver interface to gather the status
of this share, periodically until it is created. The primary benefit of
this change is for drivers that cannot clone their snapshots
instantaneously into new shares, and for drivers that would like to
implement snapshot cloning across different storage pools or back ends.

To make these changes, we needed to change the driver interface.

All in-tree drivers were already modified and are up to date with the
changes in the interface.
The out-of-tree drivers will need to be updated as well according to the
changes in the interface, then they will be able to work properly.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/709697/

Regards,
Carlos Eduardo da Silva.