[release][oslo] FFE request for Oslo Policy

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Thu Apr 9 16:41:53 UTC 2020

On 4/6/20 10:28 PM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> ---- On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 19:46:53 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
>   > Hi,
>   >
>   > This is regarding the FFE request for policy for
>   > - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/717879/
>   >
>   > This is part of introducing scope_type and new defaults in policies. During
>   > Nova implemtnation[1], we came across two things to solve before we release
>   > the new policies changes:
>   > 1.  A lot of warnings as policy default are changing which end up filling the logs (226 MB n-api logs today).
>   > 2. Give operators an option to switch to the new system (scope and new defaults) at the same time without overwriting the policy file.
>
> Basically two patches, I proposed those separately
> 1.   https://review.opendev.org/#/c/717879/
> 2.   https://review.opendev.org/#/c/717943/

The first of these has already merged. Before I pull the trigger on the
second, I want to make sure we're good on the FFE front. Given that
these changes can't be backported and are fairly important for usability
of the new policy work, I'm in favor of an FFE. Can someone from the
release team weigh in too? Thanks.