[manila][release] Ussuri release preparation

Goutham Pacha Ravi gouthampravi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 16:24:41 UTC 2020

Hi Stackers,

(Following gibi's lead here on relaying release status to the ML)

We're at feature freeze, and I'm providing the current state of Ussuri
release deliverables from the manila team:

openstack/python-manilaclient is waiting on a couple of changes:
- Release patch: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/718254/
- Pending changes:
      bp/create-share-from-snapshot-in-another-pool-or-backend:
         - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/712543/
      bp/graduate-share-groups-feature
         - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/708282/

openstack/manila-ui has a few open bug-fixes, we'll target a release
in the next week or so:
- https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bug/1823078

openstack/manila has the following pending changes concerning Feature Freeze
- bp/create-share-from-snapshot-in-another-pool-or-backend:
     - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/709697/ (Manila server side changes)
     - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/711611/ (ZFSOnLinux implementation)
     - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/712642/ (NetApp driver implementation)
- bp/graduate-share-groups-feature
     - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/706959/

Ussuri Release goals status:
- Drop Python 2.7 Support - Complete
- Project Specific PTL and Contributor Documentation - In-Progress

Thanks,
Goutham