[all] Gate status: tempest-full broken on stein

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Apr 8 16:56:10 UTC 2020

 ---- On Tue, 07 Apr 2020 09:45:12 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 > Hello Everyone,
 >
 > tempest-full (py2 job) started failing on stable/stein gate because devstack try to
 > install master Tempest on system-wide and fail for min require py version by Tempest.
 >
 > We did not set the INSTALL_TEMPEST flag to false for stable branches since stable/pike.
 > I am going to add this as one of thing to do while cutting devstack stable branch.
 >
 > More details on Bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1871327
 >
 > Here are the fixes, I am backporting from stable/train: Please hold the recheck until they are merged.
 >
 > https://review.opendev.org/#/q/I60949fb735c82959fb2cfcb6aeef9e33fb0445b6

Fixes are merged and tempest-full on stein is green now.  But py2 jobs on Train also facing
failure due to a similar issue on heat devstack plugins side. This will be effecting all py2 jobs
on stable/train with heat enabled.

https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/398d906e73724ee6b91d8f32babc5035/log/logs/devstacklog.txt#37969

-gmann