[all] Please remove all external resources from docs

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Tue Apr 7 09:47:41 UTC 2020

On 06/04/2020 22:18, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2020-04-06 17:12:30 +0200 (+0200), Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> I've wrote about this earlier I guess, but I believe I need to do it
>> once more. Often I see in the docs things like this:
>>
>> .. image:: https://governance.openstack.org/tc/badges/<FOO>.svg
>>      :target: https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/tags/index.html
> [...]
>> The solution is simple: have the resource being *LOCAL* (ie: stored in
>> the project's doc), not stored on an external site.
> [...]
>
> I'm not a fan of this "feature" myself, but feel compelled to point
> out that it's intentionally dynamic content dependent on metadata
> from another repository which is intended to change at different
> times than the document itself changes, so including a copy of that
> file would make little sense.

It *might* make sense - the info it shows is time dependent, so if
a project was asserting follows-stable-policy in pike, showing
that is not necessarily _wrong_ ... Same as if a project was moved
out of OpenStack in Havana, the docs could show the openstack project
badge until then.[1]

1 - I am aware the badges didn't exist in havana

  It's entirely there so that projects