[all][summary] Curating the openstack org on GitHub
thierry at openstack.org
Thu Apr 2 12:07:04 UTC 2020
OK, so to summarize, the now-proposed plan is to:
0. Create an openstack-archive organization on GitHub before some
org-squatter steals it [DONE]
1. Build a list of official openstack repositories, not forgetting to
include SIG, board and UC-owned ones
2. Remove openstack namespace-wide mirroring, replace it with
repo-specific jobs for official repositories
3. Move the (no-longer replicated) non-official repositories from the
openstack org to the openstack-archive one, mark them "Archived" if they
are not already
4. Move the repositories from openstack-attic and openstack-dev
organizations on GitHub to openstack-archive as well
I will start proceeding on those tasks unless there are new objections
posted before end of week.
- We have a bunch of stale repositories under the openstack-infra
organization on GitHub, should we also move them to openstack-archive ?
- After the repo transfer, should we destroy the no-longer used
openstack-attic and openstack-dev (and openstack-infra) organizations,
or are they somehow needed for the automagic redirection to happen ?
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
More information about the openstack-discuss