[all] Curating the openstack org on GitHub

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Apr 1 16:36:18 UTC 2020

Sean McGinnis wrote:
> [...] We would just:
>
> 1. Stop mirroring retired repos from our gitea to GitHub
> 2. Manually do a repo transfer from openstack/ to openstack-attic/ on
> GitHub
> 3. Set the openstack-attic/repo to Archived
>
> Then anyone that still tries to clone from the old openstack namespaces
> GitHub location will still get the files, but from that point on we
> don't need to worry about mirroring or ongoing maintenance. It's
> basically just a historical record. And if someone wants to for whatever
> reason, they can fork that repo and do whatever they want to do with it.

Assuming Matt is right and org-to-org transfer does not generate manual
confirmation if they have a shared owner, that's definitely a possibility.

I prefer openstack-archive because openstack-attic actually exists on
opendev so having it in two places but containing different things is
likely to be confusing. I'd rather transfer openstack-attic to
openstack-archive as well.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)