[all] Curating the openstack org on GitHub

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Wed Apr 1 16:00:55 UTC 2020

On 4/1/20 10:28 AM, Herve Beraud wrote:
> What do you think about creating a new openstack archive organization
> github.com/openstack-archive/ <http://github.com/openstack-archive/> (or
> thing like that) and tranfert them to this organization?

This is basically what openstack-attic was. It would be nicer for anyone
who has cloned these repos to move them there instead of deleting. It
does still leave a bunch of essentially dead repos lying around though,
so I'm not sure if that completely addresses the cleanup aspect of this
effort.

I'm also curious if all of the repos involved here are inactive, or if
there are still things in openstack-dev that were moved to the openstack
namespace but are still mirrored to github in the old org.