[I18n][PTL][election] Nominations were over - no PTL candidacy

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:30:40 UTC 2020

Hello,

I would like to share with I18n team members + OpenStackers who are
interested in I18n that there were no PTL nominations for upcoming
Victoria release cycle.
I am still serving as an appointed PTL since I cannot run for I18n PTL
as an election official, but also I honestly tell that my contribution
has been decreased due to my personal life
(my baby was born ~50 days ago - so busy but really happy as a father).

TC started to discuss on leaderless projects [1], and seems that a
candidate to become to SIG [2] is being discussed as Docs team
previously moved to Technical Writing SIG.
I would like to kindly ask opinions from I18n team - unless there are no
other strong opinions, I will support to become SIG and try to move
forward for next possible steps.

With many thanks,

/Ian

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/victoria-leaderless