Release Cycle Observations

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Sep 27 20:45:57 UTC 2019

On 9/26/19 9:51 PM, Sean McGinnis wrote:
>> I know we'd like to have everyone CD'ing master
>
> Watch who you're lumping in with the "we" statement. ;)

You've pinpointed what the problem is.

Everyone but OpenStack upstream would like to stop having to upgrade
every 6 months. The only way this could be resolved would be an
OpenStack LTS release let's say every 2 years, and allowing upgrade
between them, though that's probably too much effort upstream. We have
different groups wishing for the opposite thing to happen.

I don't see this problem going away anytime soon.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)