[neutron] Is a provider of the "router" extension required also to provide the "extraroute" extension?

Neil Jerram neil at tigera.io
Thu Sep 26 20:23:28 UTC 2019

Hi Neutrinos -

Calico's plugin has recently started failing CI, at the point where
devstack initial network creation does "openstack router create ...", with
the classic error "'NoneType' object is not iterable" [1], and I think this
is because openstackclient assumes [2] that the returned router dict will
always have a 'routes' field.

If my analysis is correct, is that a correct assumption, or should
openstackclient be more forgiving here?

[1]
https://openstack.fortnebula.com:13808/v1/AUTH_e8fd161dc34c421a979a9e6421f823e9/zuul_opendev_logs_82e/685139/1/check/networking-calico-tempest-dsvm/82e5ed5/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz

[2]