[ironic] FFE: Add idrac HW type Redfish virtual media boot interface

Richard.Pioso at dell.com Richard.Pioso at dell.com
Tue Sep 24 00:09:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

I request a late feature freeze exception (FFE) for https://review.opendev.org/#/c/672498/ -- "Add Redfish vmedia boot interface to idrac HW type". There is high demand from operators for this feature. They would be delighted if it were included in Train.

We believe it is a low risk change, because of the following:

1) It affects only the idrac hardware type.
2) The highest priority boot interfaces supported by the idrac hardware type remain so. 'ipxe' and 'pxe' continue to have the highest priority, and the new 'idrac-redfish-virtual-media' has the lowest priority. The new order from highest to lowest priority is 'ipxe', 'pxe', and 'idrac-redfish-virtual-media'.
3) The new interface is based on and almost entirely leverages an already merged interface implementation, 'redfish-virtual-media'. [1]

Please let me know if you have any concerns or questions. Thank you for your consideration.

Rick

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/638453/