A reminder about our upstream backport policy

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 14:42:41 UTC 2019

I have noticed several stable/rocky-only docs fixes proposed lately
across several projects and when I review them I find that what is being
fixed is still broken on master and stable/stein, meaning once someone
upgrades from rocky to stein or train they are just going to have to
re-fix that same issue. All of the developers are from the same vendor
who is targeting a rocky-based release, and while it's great that they
put an emphasis on using the upstream docs for product code and work on
fixing those docs upstream, we do have backport processes in place for
working on stable branches, in this case specifically:

https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html#processes

So let's please follow the upstream process so we don't have to continue
to fix the same things each release because backports weren't done
properly the first time.

Matt